New Student Registration

1) Q How do we know if we live in the Golden High School attendance area?

A Consult this Jeffco School's interactive map resource:

2) Q We do not live in the GHS attendance area. How can we enroll at GHS?

A Jeffco Schools has a "choice enrollment" option. More information is available at:

3) Q Who can I contact if I have questions regarding the registration process?

A Please call Kathy Montgomery, Registrar, at 303-982-4228.

4) Q When/how can I register my new student for the current school year?

A The first step in the registration process is to access Jeffco Connect and follow the instructions for either new students or returning students at:

Next, our registrar, Kathy Montgomery, will contact you. If your student is a choice enrollment student or new to Jeffco, please contact the counselor after talking with Ms. Montgomery.

Those students with an active IEP will be scheduled for a later appointment date in order to include an ESS professional.

5) Q What documents do I need in order to register my child?

A 1. Proof of Residency: original documents of a residential building contract, a deed of trust, a real estate buyer contract, or a contract for lease/rent; or the most recent utility bill that has your name and address on it. (A driver's license cannot be accepted as proof of residency because the Motor Vehicle Division does not require a proof of residence.)

2. Transcript/Report Cards: The most recent transcript or report card and withdrawal grades from the previous school of attendance for your student, if the semester is not completed.

3. Immunization Records: All students must be fully immunized as dictated by Colorado State Law in order to attend a public or private educational institution.

4. Birth Certificate: All students enrolling in a Jefferson County Public School must present upon enrollment an original or verified copy of their birth certificate.

5. Educational Plan, if applicable: All students who have an IEP, 504, ILP or ALP educational plan need to bring a current copy of the plan.

6) Q What if I am not the birth parent?

A You must present to the Registrar an original copy of custodial papers or notarized, signed temporary guardianship papers from the birth parent.

7) Q My new student has an Individual Education Plan (IEP) for special education. Do I need to make a separate appointment with the Exceptional Student Services (ESS) department?

A Yes. Please contact Kathy Montgomery at 303-982-4228 to set up a registration appointment that includes an special ed teacher and a counselor.

8) Q My new student is interested in participating in GHS's athletic program. Whom do I contact?

A Please contact our athletic secretary, Dana Hornecker, at 303-982-4815 or our athletic director, JC Summers at or 303-982-4191.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2019 West Corporation. All rights reserved.